Freelancing can be hard when first starting off. They choose a life of freedom, control over their time, and constantly change between exciting projects. In doing so it can also mean stress on not knowing where your next paycheck will come from. While coworking with other freelancers and teams is a great way to gain exposure and develop relationships Denver has many online job boards and resources to help.
- The Denver Egotist
- The Egotist focuses on local creative and related jobs (project management, account executive, etc.) primarily and is a great resource for freelance job seekers and companies. This service is used by many local agencies located along the front range. It is a freemium model.
- Simpalo – No longer around 🙁
- Simpalo is a new service that focuses on local companies hiring local freelancers. It was started by a brother team in Denver and have a very personal touch meeting with companies and freelancers on a regular basis. Since they work with local companies and freelancers you can expect the pay to appropriate versus fighting with oversea wages and freelancers working closely with the client.
- The Creative Group
- This is a large international recruiting agency with a local Denver office. They often work with larger companies in the area like Einstein Bagels and Dish Networks. They have a variety of work across all fields and a helpful website listing appropriate wages for projects and tips.
- Built In Colorado
- Built In Colorado has been up since 2012 and is mainly a magazine and jobs board site for startups in Colorado, with a heavy focus on Denver and Boulder. The jobs posted are mainly for developers but there are a good handful of gigs for creatives and marketers. This is a good resource if you want to work with young and exciting companies.
The Creative Density community http://nosubhealth.com/ is full of freelancers that are working hard to balance life and work. It’s an exciting time to be a freelancer and we hope these tools help you create the life you want.